Saturday 3 August 2013

DIY Necklace Display Stand

Hi guys, I know I haven't posted in a long time. I've been busy but to be honest for the most part I wasn't feeling in a blogging mood.

I was contemplating on buying some necklace display stands for Bridgetown Market which is actually this weekend (August 3rd-5th, 2013), but to due insufficient funds I decided, why not make my own? Ant that is just what I did. I got the template from this site http://jewelrymakingjournal.com/necklace-display/ and it also gives you the measurements. It is really simple and easy to make.

Step 1- Print the template or if you are good at drawing draw your own.


Step 2- I cut out the pattern and stuck it on an empt cereal box. the lines on the template is where you are making the folds.

 Step 3- I cut around the pattern so I end up with the pattern on the cereal box. I also try to mark the lines on the card with a pointed object like the tip of a metal nail file, which will make it a little easier to fold when completed.



Step 4- I stuck the card onto pink card stock with the lines facing me. Then I made the folds just before it was completely dried.



Step 5- (optional) You can make a hole near the bottom of the two sides and thread a cord through the holes and tie them together. This will pull the two ends closer in. 


This was my end result. Some persons use paint, fabric, strips of paper to decorate their stand. The options and creativity is endless!








No comments:

Post a Comment